Thanks Merlin at Merlin’s Musings for tapping on the shoulder of my poetry muse! I have been tagged twice for the Tap Tag now, by Merlin recently and roughly six months ago by someone else. I thought I wrote down or book marked who that was, but I’m afraid I can’t find anything I’m afraid. Sorry! Regardless, I’ve been anticipating writing a couple poems for this tag for the past six months. Thank you! Be sure to read the wonderful Tankas everyone has written over the past few months! I know I’m planning on doing a bunch of catch up reading.
The Ever Present Rules:
- Headline your post with “The T.A.P. Tag!” and put “tanka” as one of your tags.
- Make sure to link back to the original post that started the tag (this post!).
- Make sure to mention the person who introduced the tag to you!
- Pick 1-3 of your favorite anime.
- Write your tanka about the anime you’ve chosen. It’s fine if you decide to do only one or two if the schedule is tight.
- Tag at least 3 or more bloggers you know, and get their creative muscles flowing.
I wrote two poems for this tag, I tried to get a third one going, but it was not forth coming and I didn’t want to force it.
The first one is for Fullmetal Alchemist
Trapped in emptiness
Alone I sit in silence
A body alone, no soul
How long can I survive this
My second is Sword Art Online
Long silver rapier
And a sword dark as the night
They can’t stand alone
Lean them against each other
Together they withstand all
I hope to read more new Tankas in the future so I’ll tag a few people.
How about two Matt’s and a Keiko
Alright, now it’s time to sing my poetry muse back to sleep, before she gets excited and decides to write poetry for every review I write now. I hope you enjoyed our work!
Until Next Time! Always Make Your Heart Rainbow!