It is such a wonderful thing to be nominated for something twice, because then you know the first wasn’t just a fluke. I’m kidding of course, but its’ still nice.
I have been dubbed, once again, as having a lovely blog. This time by Ahoge Girl whose award post you can read HERE Ahoge Girl was super sweet and rewarded a small handful of her newest followers with this award. And here I thought my prize for following her would be her lovely content.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this on to as many people as you like
- Include this set of rules
- Inform your nominees
Now onto the sharing portion
- I have had the same giftcard in my wallet for over six years. That’s right, the very same one. My grandma had the habit of giving my gift cards every year for Christmas to the exact same store. I shopped there with her a lot. Then other members of my family discovered that I really liked this store too and I received gift cards from them. Lets just say I had a lot of gift cards for this store. I am also a very frugal shopper and so I used these cards sparingly and that and my mom would add my purchases to her store credit card bill in order to get discounts, thus I still have a lot of cards left from this store. Six years ago my grandma passed away and now after all that time I finally only have one gift card left that she gave me. It has $3.62 left on it. I have tried to use it up three times now, once coming just short on a purchase, another time being sucked into my moms credit card and a third time I handed the cashier two cards because I knew I didn’t have enough on the one to cover my purchase. Guess which one she swiped first? So it’s still in my wallet. I’ve almost decided I don’t want to spend it.
2. I hate turkey pot pie. Chicken pot pie is my favorite meal ever. I had it for my birthday every year, until my mom discovered she could make it with turkey. My birthday is right after thanksgiving, so this went on for years until I put my foot down. No more turkey pot pies. I don’t care what anyone says, it tastes different.
3. I can never decide on a single pet nickname for my cats. I call them Pritten (pretty kitten) stinky, lizard lips (don’t ask) Majestic Chipmunk… the list goes on and I’m constantly coming up with new names. I don’t think my cats would even know what their names were if it wasn’t for the rest of my family.
4. I really wish I had the ability to freeze time. Anytime I wanted. Everything would freeze except me. Anything that could be manually operated would work; bikes, books, my toothbrush. Electronic devices or anything mechanical would of course stop. I wouldn’t sleep or eat during this time, because I have the unspoken rule that my body doesn’t age when time is frozen, but either of these two actions could change that. I would get so much done! Do you know how much more reading I could do? How quickly I could work on homework? I could fit in a daily walk, no matter how much I had to do in a day!
5. I am very habitual when it comes to reading the sunday funnies. Recently, my newspaper rearranged and added new comics to the our Sunday comic section. I was aghast at this sudden change, which came without warning. Luckely only one favorite of mine had been removed, though the replacements weren’t all that special in my opinion. For a few weeks I was thrown off in my reading and not nearly as satisfied. Then I realized why. I had to open up the funnies and read Peanuts, with Charlie Brown, first and then read all the rest and end with my absolute favorite sunday comic, Red and Rover, (a strip about a boy and his dog) which never fails to make me smile. After that my problem was solved. I didn’t know I was that particular.
6. I have horrible seasonal allergies, that come and go depending on the day. I have days where I’m perfectly fine and then the next I’ll sneeze all day long. Every once in a while I have a day where all I want to do is lay down on the couch and sleep. I have never taken allergy medicine though. I do have acute asthma and I have an inhaler just in case, but I’ve never taken meds. I remember having really bad days and literally thanking God for for them, because I was so glad that I didn’t have a worse problem and I could get by without meds if I pushed myself. I was a strange child.
7. My family has never bought a television for as long as I have been alive. We currently have at least five TV’s in our house and one of them is a 50 inch flat screen smart TV. Every single one of these was given to us by a friend or a family member, and we’ve even gotten rid of a number TV’s over the years. Our last main television, before the flat screen was a giant boxy projection TV. The kind they used to make before they figured out how to make the screen bigger, so they projected the image onto the main screen like you would in a movie theatre.
There you are! Seven new very long and convoluted facts about myself and my family, plus little tidbits spread throughout. I was in a talkative mood I guess.
I’m going to continue this awesome thing that Ahoge Girl started and I’m going to nominate the past seven people that followed me. I figure seven facts, seven people. I’ll keep things numbered nicely.
Their names are links if you want to check them out!
Remy Fool at the lily Garden (good ol’ Remy, he always inspires me To do my best)
sharonchyy at Inspiration and Ideas on creating you dream life (she just reached 1,000 followers,no wonder as she just write about the health benefits of wine, *pst Irina you’d Like her* )
lydamorehouse At Mangakast – a pod cast of all things manga (reminding me I need to read more manga, probably not quite as smutty ones for me though)
The Comic Vault (If only I had more time right now, I could spend days perusing this vault. I love comic books)
Swords and Spectres (This ones a book blog that focuses on the supernatural and fantasy genres, reminding my I haven’t read a good fantasy novel in quite a while)
NotJustAMum at Do What You Love (I’m pretty sure she just started out this year. I must say her pictures are beautiful)
Extraordinarily Ordinary Talk (She just posted her first post yesterday apparently! Yay and Welcome! She likes cats, so I think we’ll get along)
You are all nominated!
Thanks for reading everyone and have a great day today!